Sunday, September 25, 2011

8 Months!

So much has happened the last few weeks.  I went back to work for the school year, Aislynn started as a freshman in high school, and Mikaela got FOUR teeth! However, today is her 8 month "birthday"! We can't believe how quickly the time is flying by.  Bob keeps saying that next thing we know it'll be Thanksgiving then Christmas then we'll be celebrating her first birthday.

Mikaela crawls all over and she thinks it's hysterical.  She giggles almost the entire time and occasionally stops to either sit up and smile and laugh up at one of us or she stops to push up to her knees on something.  I don't think the crawling will last long, she'll figure out how to walk sooner than we think, I'm quite sure. Earlier today I found her sitting up in her crib playing with the little dog she keeps in there.  Time to lower the mattress!  When Aislynn was about Mikaela's age, she pulled herself up, stepped on the bumper and flipped herself out of the crib.  I found her in her room crawling across the floor crying.  Scared the heck out of me! So hopefully, Mikaela won't do this to me, I don't know if I'm young enough to survive the scare at this point! haha

She "talks" a lot now.  Even gestures with her hands, palms up while she hollers.  I tell her "That's your Italian showing!" Sometimes it sounds like she's saying something specific so we answer in kind.  She just keeps on hollering and making her point known. We've had to stop our conversations sometimes because she gets so loud we can't hear what we are saying.  Someone better teach her some manners! haha

The one thing that has been a little frustrating until a few days ago when I decided not to worry about it anymore, is that she does not like baby food.  She won't even open her mouth for the spoon.  I've tried so many different foods, fruits, vegetables, cereals, everything to no avail.  The only time she opened her mouth for something willingly was chicken and gravy believe it or not.  Even then it was only a few times and that was it.  I think she may just not like the consistency.  So I bought her some finger foods and she does fine with them.  She's still sleeping through the night and gaining weight and growing so I'm not going to stress about it.  Since she has a few teeth now I may even start giving her little pieces of whatever we're having for dinner.

I feel sometimes like don't have enough time with her during the week because she wakes up around 5 or so and I get about 45 minutes to an hour with her before I have to get ready for work then drop her off at the babysitters before work.  By the time I get home it's after 4 and between getting her fed and bathed and cooking dinner, then it's around 7 and she's ready for bed.  This is the schedule she put herself on with bedtime.  I'm sure it'll change at some point, but this is fine for her for now.


8 Months <3

No comments:

Post a Comment